Watchwith provides scalable, on-demand infrastructure and an API to enable delivery of time-based metadata related to thousands of movies, TV episodes and commercials.
The Watchwith API is designed to facilitate synchronized delivery of related content for use in mobile, tablet, web, and connected TV applications. The Watchwith API includes integration with 3rd party web services to accelerate application development. The Watchwith API also enables content owners to syndicate rich metadata to the developer community in a format that unlocks its value. The API uses a RESTful protocol and responses are formatted as either JSON or XML.
The Watchwith APIs allow application developers to:
- Retrieve a catalog of works that include time-based metadata
- Retrieve all time data event types contained in a work
- Retrieve all time data events for a portion or entirety of a work
- Retrieve live data from web services as defined by live time data events
- Create, update, and delete new time-based events from the remote application